Classic Stovetop Popcorn
- 1/3 cup TIETZ FAMILY FARMS POPCORN
- 1-2 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil (peanut, grape seed, but not butter)
- butter, salt, or preferred seasonings for serving
- In shallow 3 1/2-quart pan, heat oil on medium-high to 400 degrees (smoking oil is too hot). Test the oil by adding a couple corn kernels. When they pop, add 1/3 cup popcorn, cover the pan and shake gently to evenly spread the oil.
- Once the popcorn starts popping, gently shake the pan moving it over the burner. Keep the lid slightly ajar to release the steam for crispier corn. When the popping begins to slow, remove the pan from the stove top. The hot oil will still pop the remaining kernels.
- Season and ENJOY!