Mom’s Caramel Corn
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup white syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 quarts TIETZ FAMILY MUSHROOM POPCORN
- * nuts are optional (toasted pecans are delicious)
- Bring the brown sugar, butter and syrup to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Place popcorn in a lightly greased large roasting pan. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn (and nuts if desired) and bake in a 200° oven for 1 hour stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool on waxed paper before storing.